A short guide for patients and visitors
Patient & Visitor
Guide to Acronyms at RIH
||Rhode Island Hospital
||Hasbro Children's Hospital
||Medical Office Center
||Ambulatory Patient Center
|W & I
||Women and Infant's
||Cooperative Care Center
||Physician's Office Building
Important Phone Numbers
When calling a number from within the hospital, you only need to dial
the last five digits of the phone number (example: 4-4000).
RIH Gift Shop
|HCH Gift Shop
Lost and Found
|444-5432 or 444-5221
Patient Financial Services
Pastoral and Spiritual Services
Visiting Hours and Restrictions
Rhode Island Hospital visiting hours are 1 - 8 p.m. Hasbro Children's Hospital visiting hours are 2 - 8 p.m. Critical care unit visiting hours may vary. Contact the information desk for unit hours.
When visiting patients at the hospital, please consider the following
- Children under 12 are discouraged from visiting patient units. If you feel a child's visit is necessary, you may ask the unit's nurse manager. Children should not be left unattended in a hallway.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not visit.
- Visitors are not allowed to stay overnight in patient rooms.
- Please be as quiet as possible while in the hospital.
- Please respect every patient's privacy.
- Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital are smoke free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
Our volunteer ambassadors can help you find your way around the
The cafeteria is located on the first floor of the Main Building.
- The cafeteria is open every day from 6:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Hot food is available:
- 6:30 - 10:15 a.m. (breakfast);
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. (lunch);
- 4:30 - 7 p.m. (supper); and
- 7 p.m. - 2 a.m. (late night).
There are two ATM locations at Rhode Island Hospital. One is located
on the first floor of the Main Building next to the gift shop and
the other one is located on the first floor of the Medical Office
Gift Shop Location and Hours
Rhode Island Hospital gift shop
is located on the first floor of the main building. Hours of operation
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Hasbro Children's Hospital gift
shop is located on the first floor of the main building. Hours of
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Pharmacy Location and Hours
The CVS/ProCare Pharmacy is located on the first floor of the Medical
Office Center (MOC).
Take the sky bridge from Hasbro Children's Hospital, and the pharmacy is on the left.
Hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Chaplain Services and Chapel Locations
Chaplains are available
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Rhode Island Hospital's chapel is located in the main building, across from the cafeteria.
- Hasbro Children's Hospital's chapel is located across from the first floor main elevators.
are available at all times to give patients and families a place
for quiet and reflection.
As the largest medical center in the region, our 69-acre campus accommodates
more than 10,000 vehicles every day. Find
your way around.
Shuttle Services to Parking Lots and the
The hospital shuttles leave from the hospital's main entrance and
stop in all parking lots (except Lot A). The hours of operation are
6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Coro Shuttle picks up and drops off at the front lobbies of
both Coro centers, 167 Point Street and One Hoppin Street with continuing
service to the main entrance of Rhode Island Hospital. The hours
of operation are 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The shuttle phone number is 401-639-8449. Please inquire at the hospital's information desk for shuttle services after hours (444-4000).
| Patient & Visitor Guide