Smoke alarms are a simple way to alert your family of a fire. How much do you know about smoke alarms?
Another danger in your home is carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a gas made by cars, trucks and all heaters that burn fuel, like a gas water heater. Carbon monoxide from these things can build up in your home or car and can cause a VERY bad headache and dizziness.
The most dangerous thing about this gas is that you can't see or taste it. But don't worry; you can install a carbon monoxide detector to make sure that your house is carbon monoxide free. This way, you will know your house is safe.
If you think the carbon monoxide level in your home is high, get out of your house immediately and call your local fire department or 911.
Source: National Fire Protection Association
| More about fire safety