- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
About the Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Program
The Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Program offers youth an opportunity to:
- Join Lifespan, Rhode Island's largest private employer
- Explore exciting career options in health care
- Have a paid job for 24 hours a week for 7 to 8 weeks
- Earn an hourly wage of $8.10
- Join a team of more than 80 other Lifespan youth employees
- Make friends and network to prepare for a successful future
- Get career building help from professional career experts
- Possibly gain employment beyond the summer
- When? The program runs from June to August .
Youth must attend two pre-summer trainings.
- Youth ages 16 to 19 (must be age 16 before April of the year in which summer employment will take place)
- Residents of Providence, Aquidneck Island, or youth who possess a valid CNA license
- Youth who have a willingness to learn
- Youth interested in pursuing a career in health care
All the above criteria must be met for a youth to be eligible for the program.
Applications for the Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Program will be accepted in November of each year. Applications must be filled out and submitted online.
- If you are applying for the first time, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth New Student Employment Application
- If you were in the program last year and are applying again, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth Returning Student Application
- If you have your CNA license and would like to apply for the CNA program, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth Seacole Scholars Application
- Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on January 4, 2017
How to apply:
- Fill out our youth employment application online and submit it on or before the deadline.
- Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria listed above will be considered for an interview.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive a call from a Lifespan human resources representative.
- If you are not selected for an interview, you will be notified by mail.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Willie Borkai at 401-444-8490 or email at Willie.Borkai@lifespan.org.