- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Lifespan Workforce Development
Lifespan Workforce Development provides the opportunities, inspiration, and education to help you find your career in healthcare.
Workforce and Youth Development at Lifespan offers practical work experience, mentorship under professional career experts, training, and education strategies. The programs also focus on building employability skills through work-readiness workshops that align with Lifespan’s mission, C.A.R.E values, and standard of excellence. By the end of the program, participants graduate with social and emotional learning, professionalism, and essential skills training.
The Papitto Opportunity Connection (POC) has provided Lifespan with a four-year, $10 million grant award to support career programs that help ensure our workforce and its leaders reflect the communities we serve.
Free Education and Training Opportunities
Serving under- and unemployed adults (18+), Lifespan’s Workforce Solutions, Training and Teamwork (STAT) program offers free education to become certified for entry-level healthcare positions. All programs are designed to be fully comprehensive, including in-field learning, job skill training, financial support for barriers to employment, and case management services.
Explore these opportunities within Workforce STAT and discover what is best for you:
Youth Employment Programs
Lifespan offers the following programs for youth:
- The Summer Youth Employment (SYE) Program hires teens (ages 16 to 19) for an eight-week paid summer employment experience at a Lifespan hospital or within its corporate services division. Over 1,000 youth have participated as of 2020, with more than 50% of the program’s youth going on to pursue careers in healthcare.
- Seacole Scholars Program: SYE also offers a seven-week summer employment opportunity at Rhode Island Hospital for high school students who have their Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licenses.