- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Lifespan Programs, Clinics and Initiatives
Meaningful improvement of community health status occurs in neighborhoods as well as hospitals. Lifespan strives to bring health education, prevention programs, and free or low-cost services into our communities and also collaborates with other community health providers and groups on programs to keep people from all walks of life healthy and out of the hospital.
Health screenings and workshops for:
- blood glucose
- blood pressure
- skin cancer
- body fat analysis
- stroke risk
- heart health
- breast health
- stroke awareness
- women’s wellness
- life support and CPR training
- tobacco use prevention
- The Immunology Center provides outpatient care for patients who have infectious diseases. The Miriam Hospital coordinates with the Rhode Island Department of Health to provide key prevention, counseling, testing and treatment services for HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, viral hepatitis, and tuberculosis.
- The University Medicine Travel Clinic, located at The Miriam Hospital, provides up-to-date preventive care for international travelers, including recommended and required vaccinations and counseling on infectious diseases prevention, as well as care for travelers who return home with an illness.
- The RISE Clinic is a dedicated tuberculosis clinic supported by the Rhode Island Department of Health. It provides expert consultation and care for all forms of active and latent TB, as well as evaluation of patients who have potentially been exposed and are at risk.
- The Lifespan Community Training Center offers life support training programs for the general public and health care providers in all disciplines of life support—basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, and pediatric advanced life support. For information, please contact Marianne Stepanian at 401-444-8063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Community Initiatives
- Lifespan offers monthly educational sessions for professionals and others who work with the community through social service, faith-based, or other agencies for underserved populations. Lifespan experts provide education on a variety of health topics, up-to-date data on trending issues, and information about available resources.
- Physical activity programs for community members to enjoy the benefits and pleasure of exercise while under medical supervision are located at Newport Hospital, including Tai Chi classes, community walking, and Fitness for Function exercise, all facilitated by Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center staff.
- Support groups can be a source of inspiration and strength. Call the Lifespan Health Connection at 401-444-4800 or 1-800-927-1230 for specific meeting information.
- Lifespan provides speakers on a wide variety of health topics. Contact Robin Zaman at 401-444-8009 or email@example.com at the Lifespan Community Health Institute for information.