- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Workforce and Youth Development
Newport Hospital employs a total nursing staff of 280; 225 are registered nurses, 36 are nursing aides and 19 are licensed practical nurses.
The hospital has affiliation agreements with these area nursing schools:
These affiliations enhance the recruitment of staff and promote education and collaboration.
Determination of staffing requirements is based on a patient care acuity system. Patients' needs are classified each day to determine appropriate staffing levels. To manage short-term fluctuations in patient census and acuity, Newport Hospital has a hospital-based per diem staff of more than 40 nurses.