- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Workforce and Youth Development
Programs for Nurses
Tuition Remission for United Nurses and Allied Professionals Positions
(for example, nursing, radiology)
Lifespan will remit to the employee up to $3,500 worth of licensure-related tuition in exchange for a two-year work commitment at the hospital by the employee. Eligibility amount depends on the full-time/part-time status of the position hired into, as well as the shift (day, evening, night).
- Full-time employees: regular day shift/rotators are eligible for tuition remission up to a maximum of $1,250 per two-year work commitment; regular evening shift employees are eligible for tuition remission up to a maximum of $2,500 per two-year work commitment; regular night shift employees are eligible for tuition remission up to a maximum of $3,500 per two-year work commitment.
- Part-time employees: those who work a minimum of 20 hours per work week are eligible for a prorated dollar amount for tuition remission.
Partial payments are made at the first- and second-year anniversaries of signing the agreement.