Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Lifespan Youth
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or seniors in high school. Day, evening and weekend placements are available.
Our volunteers are college and high school students, retirees, working professionals, individuals considering a career change or returning to the work force, and individuals with a special skill or talent.
Volunteers work in the following areas:
- Pediatric playrooms
- Emergency department
- Recovery room
- Outpatient clinics
- Reading programs
- Office support
- Intensive care unit
Learn More About Volunteering
At Hasbro Children's Hospital, volunteers must:
- Attend a one-hour information session
- Submit a complete application with references
- Interview with volunteer services staff
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit to two tuberculosis tests
- Complete an orientation about hospital policies and procedures
- Commit to a minimum of two to four hours each week for at least 100 hours
- If under the age of 18, submit a signed permission slip
- Adhere to uniform and dress code policy
- Complete a criminal background investigation authorization form (provided by Lifespan volunteer services)
Download and fill out our volunteer application by clicking below.
Bring this form with you to the Volunteer Information session for which you are signed up. As information session dates are available they will be posted on this page.
Information Session Dates
Fill out the form below.
This session is for college students only.
- The college student session is filled. Check back for new session dates.
This session is for high school students only.
- The high school student session is filled. Check back for new session dates.
These sesssions are for adults.
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
For more information, call the volunteer office at 401-444-5530 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.