Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Prepare for Your Career and Volunteer
- Workforce and Youth Development
Please use the online form below to register for an open date.
After you register for an information session, print and bring the volunteer application form with you to the session for which you are signed up.Sign up for an information session
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or seniors in high school. Day, evening and weekend placements are available.
Our volunteers are college and high school students, retirees, working professionals, individuals considering a career change or returning to the work force, and individuals with a special skill or talent.
Volunteers work in the following areas:
- Pediatric playrooms
- Emergency department
- Recovery room
- Outpatient clinics
- Reading programs
- Office support
- Intensive care unit
At Hasbro Children's Hospital, volunteers must:
- Attend a one-hour information session
- Submit a complete application with references
- Interview with volunteer services staff
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit to two tuberculosis tests
- Complete an orientation about hospital policies and procedures
- Commit to a minimum of two to four hours each week for at least 100 hours
- If under the age of 18, submit a signed permission slip
- Adhere to uniform and dress code policy
- Complete a criminal background investigation authorization form (provided by Lifespan volunteer services)
Volunteer Information Sessions
Winter 2018 information sessions will be held on the following dates and times. All sessions will be held at Rhode Island Hospital in the Main Building cafeteria, conference room PDR 123. Get directions and parking information »
(In-state college students may attend an adult session.)
- Thursday, January 11, 2018, 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, February 9, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 9-10 a.m.
(This session is intended for in-state and out-of-state college students)
- Friday, January 26, 2018, 3-4 p.m.
High School Session
- Friday, February 23, 2018, 3:30-4 p.m.