Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Prepare for Your Career and Volunteer
- Workforce and Youth Development
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
- Why volunteer?
- Choose the position that's right for you!
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Apply online »
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
Volunteers at Newport Hospital must:
- Have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer. Learn more about opportunities for students.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if they are 21 years of age or older.
Upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions
To learn more about volunteering at Newport Hospital, please join us at one of our upcoming volunteer information sessions.
All sessions are held from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Gudoian Conference Room at Newport Hospital. There is complimentary parking in our Powell Ave. visitor parking lot. No RSVP is required.
Student Volunteer Opportunities: Our 2018 student placements are at capacity until May 2018. High school and college students interested in a summer 2018 volunteer assignment should attend either the March 13 or April 10 information session.