Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Prepare for Your Career and Volunteer
- Workforce and Youth Development
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
- Why volunteer?
- Choose the position that's right for you!
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Frequently asked questions
- Apply online »
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
Volunteers at Newport Hospital must:
- Have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer. Learn more about opportunities for students.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if they are 21 years of age or older.
Upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions
Please join us at one of our upcoming volunteer information sessions. All sessions are held from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Sessions will be held on:
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Monday, June 10, 2019
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Student Volunteer Opportunities
High school students entering their junior or senior year are eligible to apply for a summer 2019 position. They must be available July and August for a minimum of 4 hours per week.
College students may apply for a summer 2019 volunteer assignment that will require a 4-hour commitment from June 1 to August 15.