Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Lifespan Youth
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
Volunteer Services Newsletter (PDF)
- Volunteer Voice (Summer 2015 issue)
- Volunteer Voice (January 2015 issue)
- Volunteer Connection (Summer 2014 issue)
- Volunteer Connection (Winter 2014 issue)
- Volunteer Connection (Summer 2013 issue)
- Volunteer Connection (Winter 2013 issue)
- Must have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer .
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if you are 21 years of age or older.
You can apply online or print and fill out Newport Hospital's volunteer application to begin the process of becoming a volunteer. For more information, call the volunteer office at 401-845-1635 or e-mail LCoble@Lifespan.org.
(Newport Hospital's online application requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it now for free.)
Upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Newport Hospital.
To learn more about volunteering at Newport Hospital please join us at one our upcoming volunteer information sessions
(sessions are from 3:30-4:30 p.m.):
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017
The information sessions are held in the Gudoian Conference room. No RSVP is required. There is complimentary parking in our Powel Avenue visitor parking lot.
We look forward to meeting you at the information session! Please feel free to call Lisa J. Coble, director of volunteer services, at 401-845-1635 or e-mail LCoble@Lifespan.org if you have any questions.
Student Volunteer Opportunities
Newport Hospital welcomes students to participate in our volunteer program. College students must attend the September information session and serve for two academic semesters. High school students are welcome throughout the school year to volunteer one afternoon each week from 3 to 5 p.m.