Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Prepare for Your Career and Volunteer
- Workforce and Youth Development
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
- Why volunteer?
- Choose the position that's right for you!
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Apply online »
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
Volunteers at Newport Hospital must:
- Have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer. Learn more about opportunities for students.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if they are 21 years of age or older.
Upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Newport Hospital. We are at capacity for our summer 2018 volunteer placements.
Please join us at one of our upcoming volunteer information sessions in the fall. All sessions are held from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday, September 11
- Tuesday, October 9
- Tuesday, November 18
Student Volunteer Opportunities
College students who wish to volunteer are required to attend the September information session and serve for two semesters.