Why Volunteer at Newport Hospital?
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Prepare for Your Career and Volunteer
- Workforce and Youth Development
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to give the very best, because you give of yourself. The inner satisfaction that comes from helping others and the pride in a job well done is often a volunteer's greatest reward.
But don't just take it from us.
What Our Volunteers Say
"I volunteer at Newport Hospital because I enjoy bringing comfort and compassion to the patients I serve: whether it's an item from the comfort cart, a handcrafted card, or by simply wearing crazy holiday attire!" - Carol Formica
"I volunteer as a way to show gratitude for the life I have: a happy and healthy one." - Joyce Allphin
"I volunteer at Newport Hospital because it gives me a chance to take on a new challenge, to meet people and make new friends, and to give back to the Newport Hospital and Staff for the great memories when my children were born here." - June Lawton
In addition, volunteers take advantage of the following benefits:
- Refreshments/meal vouchers
- Free and convenient parking
- Continuing educational and social opportunities
- Letters of reference
- Career exploration and skills and resume building