Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Lifespan Youth
Each year, about 800 people volunteer at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital. Volunteers must be 14 years old or older, commit to at least 100 hours of total service, be willing to help others and have an interest in the health care community.
The volunteer department at Rhode Island Hospital offers volunteer positions for both teens and adults. The following positions are sometimes available for adult volunteers:
- Family liaisons
- Emergency room
- Gift shop
- Nurse aides
- Office support
- Pet therapy
- Physical therapy
- Patient visitors
- Recovery room
- Art Activities
Download and fill out our volunteer application by clicking below.
All volunteers at Rhode Island Hospital must:
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session
- Submit a complete application with references
- Interview with volunteer services staff
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit to two tuberculosis tests
- Complete an orientation about hospital policies and procedures
- Commit to a minimum of two to four hours each week for at least 100 hours
- If under the age of 18, submit a signed permission slip
- Adhere to uniform and dress code policy
- Complete a criminal background investigation authorization form (provided by Lifespan volunteer services).
For more information, call the volunteer office at 401-444-5530 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.