Summer Youth Employment Program
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Workforce and Youth Development
- Meet The Team
- Radiologic Technologist Assistant Program
- Workforce STAT Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
Lifespan's youth employment program is designed to promote career exploration and youth development. The program offers an eight-week paid summer employment experience at a Lifespan hospital or Lifespan Corporate Services to teens 16 to 19 years old. Eligible youth must reside in selected Rhode Island areas: Providence, Mount Hope and Newport. Teens are placed in a wide variety of departments throughout Lifespan, including:
- Physical Therapy
- Central Processing
- Human Resources
- Food and Nutrition
- Respiratory Care
When they graduate in August, our summer employees take with them a wealth of personal and professional experience.
Some youth even gain permanent employment. Lifespan also stays in contact with the teens beyond the summer to continue career counseling.
Lifespan's Youth Employment Program
Do you have a question about our youth employment program?
Please contact Willie Borkai at 401-444-8490.
You can also email your question to email@example.com.
Lifespan also offers:
- The Seacole Scholars Program for high school students who have their Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license
- The Summer Radiologic Technologist Assistant Program for Rhode Island residents who possess a high school diploma or GED.
The Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Program offers youth an opportunity to:
- Join Lifespan, Rhode Island's largest private employer
- Explore exciting career options in health care
- Have a paid job for 24 hours a week for 7 to 8 weeks
- Earn an hourly wage of $10.10
- Join a team of more than 80 other Lifespan youth employees
- Make friends and network to prepare for a successful future
- Get career building help from professional career experts
- Possibly gain employment beyond the summer
When? The program runs from June to August .
Requirements Youth must attend two pre-summer trainings.
Youth ages 16 to 19 (must be age 16 before April of the year in which summer employment will take place)
Residents of Providence, Aquidneck Island, or youth who possess a valid CNA license
Youth who have a willingness to learn
Youth interested in pursuing a career in health care
All the above criteria must be met for a youth to be eligible for the program.
Applications for the Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Program will be accepted starting November of each year. Applications must be filled out and submitted online.
- If you are applying for the first time, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth New Student Employment Application
- If you were in the program last year and are applying again, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth Returning Student Application
- If you have your CNA license and would like to apply for the CNA program, use this form: Lifespan Summer Youth Seacole Scholars Application
- If you are interested in applying for the Summer Radiologic Technologist Assistant Program, use this form: Lifespan Summer Radiologic Technologist Program Application
Applications for summer 2019 are closed. Applications for summer 2020 will open in November of 2019.
How to apply:
- Fill out our youth employment application online and submit it on or before the deadline.
- Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria listed above will be considered for an interview.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive a call from a Lifespan human resources representative.
- If you are not selected for an interview, you will be notified by mail.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Willie Borkai at 401-444-8490 or email at Willie.Borkai@lifespan.org.