Workforce STAT (Solutions, Training and Teamwork)
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Lifespan
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Workforce and Youth Development
Apply for Workforce STAT
Thank you for your interest in Workforce STAT Program. We are not recruiting for candidates at this time but please visit our site again as updates will be posted here once they are available.
Workforce STAT features a series of interconnected educational training and support services. The program was designed by and for Rhode Island’s growing health care industry and will meet health care industry needs by transforming, in an accelerated manner, a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into a prepared, well-qualified certified nursing assistant (CNA) workforce to care for patients.
Program graduates have opportunities to secure employment and advance over time to successively higher levels of education and employment in the high-demand health care industry.
About the Program
The Workforce STAT program includes:
- A free 8-week CNA course leading to state-administered examination and licensure, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m
- A 5- to 6-week hospital based internship consisting of 96 hours of advanced CNA training and structured work-readiness workshops
- Practical work experience and networking opportunities to prepare for a successful future.
- Mentorship under professional career experts.
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program.
Training and Education Strategies
Each cohort of students complete a 16-18 week program consisting of:
- A Rhode Island Department of Health approved CNA training and education course
- Focused clinical internship and work experience in real health care settings
- Structured work-readiness trainings and workshops to build employability skills
Program graduates earn a Rhode Island CNA license and Lifespan work readiness credentials. Workforce STAT staff recruit, train, and place up to sixty (60) participants.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Own a registered vehicle.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be an underemployed/unemployed Rhode Island resident.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check (BCI).
- Read at a seventh-grade level and have earned either a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Possess a willingness to learn along with the ability to attend all classes, internship hours and workshops.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in health care.
Program recruitment occurs through:
- Rhode Island’s youth center network.
- Community-based organizations.
Support services are embedded into the program design to ensure participants’ success. Workforce STAT has graduated nearly two hundred program participants, of whom Lifespan has hired almost 50 percent.
For more information contact Quinneil Simmons at 401-444-8965 or email@example.com.