Adult Partial Hospital Programs
It is our policy is to contact all referrals within one business day. Following is the criteria for admitting a patient to the Partial Hospital Program at Rhode Island Hospital:
- A referred patient must be experiencing significant impairment in multiple areas of daily life.
- The patient must present with acute symptoms of psychiatric illness that are expected to improve with short-term psychotherapy and/or pharmacologic intervention.
- Although a patient may experience suicidal or homicidal ideation, they must not be in imminent risk of acting on these dangerous thoughts.
- The patient must be able and willing to seek emergency assistance in the event of a potential crisis outside of program hours. (Evenings and weekends: 401-444-4779)
- The patient must be willing and able to participate in group therapy.
To make a referral to the Partial Hospital Program at Rhode Island Hospital, please call 401-444-2128.
Fax the referral form to 401-444-8836.