Adult Partial Hospital Programs
Young Adult Track
8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
9:00 – 9:45 a.m.
9:50 – 10:05 a.m.
10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
11:45 – 12:45 p.m.
12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
The Young Adult Track at the Adult Partial Hospital Program at Rhode Island Hospital is for individuals age 18 to 24 who are struggling with psychiatric illness and the transition to adulthood. Conditions preventing success in this transition may be related to depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, psychosis and substance abuse. These conditions can lead to an inability to attend college, retain a job and live independently.
Our aage-appropriateand tailored treatment includes individual and group therapy, peer support, psychiatric treatment and family intervention. This comprehensive treatment approach is designed to help the patient return to a more functional, healthy and independent life.
The average length of stay in our program is approximately 1 week. However, each patient has an individualized treatment plan, so the timing may vary.
- Crisis Stabilization
- Development and Strengthening of Coping and Problem-Solving Skills
- Improved Communication Skills
- Comprehensive Assessment and Psychiatric Evaluation
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Medication Evaluation Management
- Group Therapy
- Family Session
- Coordination of Care with Outpatient Providers and Discharge Planning
Evidence Based Therapeutic Models Utilized:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy