- Safe Care for Patients at the Center for Weight and Wellness
- Changes Due to COVID-19 and Support for Patients at the Center for Weight and Wellness
- Coping with Eating and Emotions During COVID-19
- Getting Started on Your Weight Loss Journey
- Services at the Center
- Our Team at the Center
- Weight Management Programs
- Patient Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Starting Strong on Your Weight and Wellness Journey
- Lighten Up! Teen Program
- Weight Loss Success Stories
- Center for Weight and Wellness Newsletter
Lighten Up! Teen Program
Creating Healthy Habits to Last a Lifetime
Lighten Up is designed specifically for moderately to severely overweight teens (ages 15 to 18). We focus on patients’ medical, behavioral, nutritional and exercise needs, and tailor treatment to support each teen’s unique goals.
Our objective is to help teens achieve a healthy weight and wellness, and develop life-long habits of healthful eating and exercise. Through early intervention, we hope to prevent or reverse development of obesity-related diseases, and help teens feel fit and more self-confident.
- Personal visits with a medical provider: A medical provider assesses each patient’s progress and addresses concerns and questions during biweekly appointments.
- Weekly behavioral group sessions: Group therapy is specifically geared to both the behavioral and educational needs of teens, and to fostering self-esteem in a fun, engaging and interactive setting.
- Nutrition education and counseling: Our registered dietitian meets with each patient to develop a customized nutrition plan focused on developing healthy eating habits and making smart choices.
- Exercise education and counseling: An exercise physiologist teaches safe exercise activities that improve physical and mental health in one-on-one sessions.
- Parent education sessions: Parents meet separately to learn about nutrition, exercise, and behavioral strategies for their teens.