- Safe Care for Patients at the Center for Weight and Wellness
- Changes Due to COVID-19 and Support for Patients at the Center for Weight and Wellness
- Coping with Eating and Emotions During COVID-19
- Getting Started on Your Weight Loss Journey
- Services at the Center
- Our Team at the Center
- Weight Management Programs
- Patient Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Starting Strong on Your Weight and Wellness Journey
- Lighten Up! Teen Program
- Weight Loss Success Stories
- Center for Weight and Wellness Newsletter
Safe Care for Patients at the Center for Weight and Wellness
We want to assure you that the we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
At the Center for Weight and Wellness your safety is our top priority.
As experts in treating obesity and weight management, we know providing patients with a program focused on comprehensive, integrated care to achieve a healthy weight and overall wellness is a top priority. It is for this reason we have worked closely with our infection prevention and infectious diseases teams to be able to provide the care you need in a safe environment.
For your safety and that of our staff, we have taken the following steps:
- We have limited the number of people allowed into the Center for Weight & Wellness facility at any one time. That number varies depending on the size of the facility.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to appointments.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms again when they enter the facility. To ensure all are screened, we are asking patients to call and alert staff you have arrived before entering the practice. A Medical Assistant will greet you at the door and provide your screening.
- If a patient screens positive for COVID-19, we have a designated plan in place to triage our patients.
- All patients and caregivers (family/friend/visitor) will wear cloth face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one. Our medical providers and clinicians will wear a standard surgical mask.
- Waiting rooms will be rearranged so that there is at least six feet between individuals, and maximum numbers are identified for the waiting rooms at each of our facilities depending on the size of the room.
- We have removed any unnecessary objects from our offices, such as magazines, books, toys and small furniture.
- We clean and sanitize high-touch and common surfaces at a minimum of every four hours.
- Standard medical masks and hand sanitizer are readily available at all of our locations.
- Our staff will perform hand hygiene after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, licenses, and insurance cards. We urge our patients to do the same. Our staff will also wipe down the stylus pads and signature pads after each use.
As we all strive to get back to our “normal” lives, we encourage you to continue scheduling your ongoing medical appointments, nutritional counseling, and attending your behavioral group sessions. For those who are not yet a patient of the Center for Weight and Wellness, be advised our orientations have now resumed and we encourage you to reach out and schedule an appointment.
In this challenging time, the team at the Center for Weight and Wellness is here to help you.
We offer the options of both in-person and virtual program participation at both our Providence and East Greenwich locations. We are open and ready to support you and create a comprehensive, multidisciplinary treatment plan to help you reach your goals.