The Lifespan Center for Weight and Wellness provides the most comprehensive, integrated care to support each patient’s goals for achieving a healthy weight and wellness. The center offers treatment for moderately to severely overweight adults at its locations in Providence and East Greenwich.
We develop a treatment plan for each patient based on his or her weight loss goals and psychological and medical conditions. All our programs include ongoing medical assessment and treatment, instruction in behavioral strategies, exercise consultations and instruction, and nutritional counseling. We also offer a specialized program for patients with diabetes.
Helping Patients Meet Their Weight Loss Goals
Our services include:
- Orientation sessions about the full range of weight loss options
- Dietary counseling
- On-site psychological evaluations
- Evaluations based on each patient’s personal choice
- Maintenance programs for long-term support and success
- Specialty groups dedicated to topics including emotional eating, diabetes management, binge-eating, keeping on track, and weight loss maintenance
- Consultation with a multidisciplinary approach: medical, behavioral, nutritional and exercise
- Optifast medical replacement supplements (We are the exclusive Rhode Island provider.)
A Multidisciplinary Weight Management Team
- Exercise physiologists
- Physical therapists
Our team provides consultation and support to help each patient make the best decisions throughout their weight loss.
Attend a Weight Loss Orientation Session
Completion of our patient orientation is the first step in our program. Our free orientation seminar provides you with all the information you need to decide if the program is right for you. Register for the next available in-person Weight Loss Orientation Session or call 401-793-8790 to register by phone.
At the end of the seminar, take a quiz about what you've learned, and enter your contact information to take the next step on your weight loss journey.
A member of the Weight Management Program team will contact you with more information.
Please note: If your health insurance plan is Lifespan Health-Tufts, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island RiteCare (ACCESS), or United Healthcare RiteCare, your benefit requires an in-person orientation.