Center for Weight & Wellness
Lighten Up: Teen Weight and Wellness Program
For More Information
1377 South County Trail, Unit 1
Creating Healthy Habits to Last a Lifetime
Lighten Up is designed specifically for moderately to severely overweight teens (ages 15 to 18). We focus on patients’ medical, behavioral, nutritional and exercise needs, and tailor treatment to support each teen’s unique goals.
Our objective is to help teens achieve a healthy weight and wellness, and develop life-long habits of healthful eating and exercise. Through early intervention, we hope to prevent or reverse development of obesity-related diseases, and help teens feel fit and more self-confident.
- Personal visits with a medical provider: A medical provider assesses each patient’s progress and addresses concerns and questions during biweekly appointments.
- Weekly behavioral group sessions: Group therapy is specifically geared to both the behavioral and educational needs of teens, and to fostering self-esteem in a fun, engaging and interactive setting.
- Nutrition education and counseling: Our registered dietitian meets with each patient to develop a customized nutrition plan focused on developing healthy eating habits and making smart choices.
- Exercise education and counseling: An exercise physiologist teaches safe exercise activities that improve physical and mental health in one-on-one sessions.
- Parent education sessions: Parents meet separately to learn about nutrition, exercise, and behavioral strategies for their teens.
Join the Teen Weight and Wellness Program
Contact us for more information about how to join Lighten Up. Call 401-793-8790 or email Kerri.Costa@Lifespan.org for more information.