- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Skin Cancer and Mohs Surgery
- Lifespan Physician Group Dermatology in East Providence
- Chief of Dermatology
Lunch Time Face Lifts
The peels use a technique called dermabrasion, which gently removes skin layers and can take years off your face. The procedure also works for scarred and discolored skin.
Patients like the softer, smoother surface of their skin after a treatment. It does take about 5-6 treatments, 1 to 2 weeks apart to see good results. There is very little reaction so people can resume their normal activities right away.
Booster treatments once or twice a year are recommended along with the use of Retin A or alpha-hydroxy creams.
Who is a good candidate for a Power Peel?
Anyone with the following conditions may be a candidate for a power peel:
- Fine lines and wrinkles caused from a mild degree of sun damage. (The power peel is not a replacement for the resurfacing laser procedure-much more severe sun-induced changes. )
- Brown spots (uneven tone or pigmentation)
- Acne scars
- Melasma (mask of pregnancy). This is common in younger women and those on birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy. Dark-skinned women sometimes develop it spontaneously.
Deeper skin damage? The newest procedure in skin care, the Blue Peel, may be for you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 401-272-2724.