Diabetes and Endocrine in Pregnancy Program
Diabetes and Endocrine Disorders in Pregnancy Program
The Women’s Medicine Collaborative offers a diabetes and endocrine disorders in pregnancy program that focuses on the specialized care that women who have pregestational or gestational diabetes or other endocrine disorders need for a healthy pregnancy. Our multidisciplinary team includes obstetric medicine physicians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, an endocrinologist, a clinical dietitian, a registered nurse (RN), and a certified diabetes outpatient educator (CDOE). Our physicians are board-certified, nationally recognized specialists and serve on the faculty of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
We are committed to a collaborative model of care and offer the following services:
- Nutrition counseling by a clinical dietitian
- Diabetes education by an RN/CDOE
- Glucose meter instruction by an RN/CDOE
- Insulin administration instruction by an RN/CDOE
- Fetal ultrasound
- Maternal-fetal medicine consultation
- A one-time physician consultation before a planned pregnancy or during pregnancy
- Co-management of diabetes and endocrine disorders during pregnancy and the postpartum period
Our highly experienced team works with your obstetric provider to educate you about your diagnosis and help manage your treatment plan. A program physician is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our office features free parking and is conveniently located at 146 West River Street in Providence.