Gender and Sexual Health at Lifespan
Sexual Health and Contraception
At Rhode Island Hospital, we offer a full range of sexual health and contraceptive services. We provide sensitive and confidential care to patients of all ages and genders, with a focus on transgender, gay, lesbian and bisexual people. Our goal is to help you improve your reproductive health, navigate sexual decision-making and be educated and informed about your own body.
The services we offer include:
- Gynecologic care for conditions such as genital pain and irritation, vaginal discharge and odor, labial adhesions and lichen sclerosis
- Evaluation and treatment for menstrual irregularity and pain
- Advanced contraceptive care
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and full options counseling
- Comprehensive counseling, care and services for transgender, gay, lesbian and bisexual people
We offer a full range of sexual health and contraceptive services. We provide sensitive and confidential care to patients of all ages and genders to improve reproductive health, navigate sexual decision-making and be educated and informed about their bodies.
We explain the wide array of contraceptives available and help you choose what is right for you.
We offer a full spectrum of contraceptive options and counseling, including:
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- The “Implant” (Nexplanon)
- The “Depo shot” (Depo-Provera)
- The ring, patch and birth control pills
- Emergency contraception
- Counseling for unintended pregnancy
We recognize that every patient is unique. We listen carefully to what is important to you and make sure that you understand all your options for care. We work to support choice and are sensitive to diversity.
Michelle Forcier, MD, MPH, is a pediatrician and adolescent medicine provider and an associate professor of pediatrics at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Her interests and expertise are in gender, sexual and reproductive health.
She provides up-to-date consultation services in advanced contraception, including IUD and Nexplanon insertions; sexually transmitted disease care; puberty and menstrual issues and pregnancy options counseling. She provides care for gender diverse and lesbian, gay and bisexual children and adults.
For more information, or to make an appointment, please call us at one of our two locations:
Coro Center West
Third floor, Suite 3055
1 Hoppin Street
Providence, RI 02903
Medicine Pediatrics Primary Care Center
245 Chapman Street
Providence, RI 02903