Safe Care for Patients at Lifespan Medical Imaging
We want to assure you that we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
Here at Lifespan Medical Imaging, your safety is our top priority.
For your safety and that of our staff, we have taken the following steps:
- We have limited the number of people allowed into a Lifespan Medical Imaging facility at any one time. That number varies depending on the size of the facility.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to appointments.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms again when they arrive for their appointment. To ensure that all are screened, we are reducing the number of entrances into a facility.
- All walk-in services (x-ray) or patients without an appointment will be screened on arrival.
- If a patient screens positive for COVID-19, we have a designated plan in place to triage our patients.
- All patients and caregivers will wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- Waiting rooms will be rearranged so that there is at least six feet between individuals, and maximum numbers are identified for the waiting rooms at each of our facilities depending on the size of the room.
- We have removed any unnecessary objects from our offices, such as magazines, books, toys and small furniture.
- We continuously clean and sanitize high-touch and common surfaces.
- Standard medical masks and hand sanitizer are readily available at all of our locations.
- Our staff will perform hand hygiene before, during and after each patient.
- Staff will perform hand hygiene after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, licenses, and insurance cards. We urge our patients to do the same. Our staff will also wipe down the stylus pads and signature pads after each use.
As we all strive to get back to our “normal” lives, we encourage you to return to scheduling appointments for screening services like mammography, bone density and keep your scheduled imaging appointments that will coincide with treatment plans your provider has set forth for you.
In this challenging time, the team at Lifespan Medical Imaging is here to help you.
We offer imaging services at multiple sites throughout Rhode Island. All are open and ready to provide care for you.