Schedule an Appointment
East Greenwich: 401-606-4415
East Providence: 401-606-3711
Lifespan Outpatient Psychiatry provides patient-centric services in a caring, supportive environment. This program is located in Lifespan's Ambulatory Care Centers in East Greenwich and East Providence.
Staffed by a team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed and master social workers and community treatment specialists, we offer tailored, personal and coordinated treatment for patients age 18 and older who are experiencing a variety of mental health and behavioral health conditions.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis or is in need of mental health services, we are here to help. We welcome patients (ages 18 and older) who require an urgent evaluation for mental health treatment.
Crisis telephone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 401-723-1915 and 401-553-1031.
- Onsite mental health assessment Monday through Saturday
- Access to crisis psychiatry as necessary
- Crisis stabilization services
- Family education and support
- Referral to all Lifespan psychiatry and behavioral health services
Lifespan Outpatient Psychiatry staff is committed to helping patients achieve and maintain their best emotional health.
Our program provides comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, psychopharmacologic consultations, long-term psychiatric care, interpersonal, supportive, cognitive behavioral and individual therapy as well as couples and family therapy and group therapy.
We work with our patients as well as their family members and their other health providers to offer individually tailored treatment. Our clinicians coordinate with inpatient and partial hospital programs to provide each patient with a continuum of care that is customized to their needs.
We offer treatment for depression, anxiety and other mental health problems, including:
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Other Behavioral Health Issues
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic disorder (with agoraphobia)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social phobia
- Fear of flying, fear of heights or other specific phobias
- Hypochondriasis (excessive worries over health that cause physical discomforts)
- Somatization disorder (physical pain or distress, often accompanied by anxiety)
- Eating disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Issues relating to incest, sexual abuse, rape
- Family and marital issues
- Job pressures and stress management