Safe Care at Lifespan Physician Group
Your safety is our top concern.
We know that you want to feel confident that you are entering a safe environment when you come to Lifespan Physician Group offices for care. That’s why we have made some changes in response to COVID-19.
Lifespan Physician Group has worked closely with Lifespan’s infection prevention and infectious diseases teams so that we can provide the care you need in a space that is as clean as possible, with social distancing measures carefully observed.
Our staff are taking a number of measures to keep patient safe:
- By swiping their badges when they arrive for work, staff and clinicians declare that they have no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Our staff members wear masks; some may wear face shields.
- Our staff members clean their hands after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, driver’s licenses, and insurance cards. We urge our patients to do the same.
- Our staff also wipes down the stylus and signature pads after each use.
In our offices we are taking extra measures to sanitize surfaces and encourage social distancing.
- We limit the number of people in our offices at any one time. The number varies depending on the office.
- Some offices have a “one-way traffic” pattern for check-in and check-out.
- Markers on the floor help to maintain a 6-foot distance between patients at the front desk.
- Some work areas are equipped with plexiglass barriers.
- Waiting rooms have been rearranged to ensure at least six feet of space between individuals, and we have removed unnecessary items such as pamphlets, magazines, books, toys, and small furniture.
- We clean and sanitize the restrooms as well as high-touch and common use surfaces such as door handles at least every four hours.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
When you have an appointment scheduled at a Lifespan Physician Group office, here's what to expect:
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before appointments.
- All patients are screened again for COVID-19 symptoms when they enter the building.
- If a patient screens positive, we have a plan in place to care for them.
- All patients must wear masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- We strongly encourage that you use eCheck-in on the MyLifespan patient portal before arriving for your appointment. If you are not already using the portal, we encourage you to sign up.
- We might ask you to call us when you arrive so we can call you for check-in when your provider is ready to see you.
If you have an appointment scheduled, please review this information before coming to visit us.