Lifespan School of Medical Imaging
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMT)
- Radiologic Technologist Assistant Program (TA)
- Meet the Faculty
- The Student Experience
- Transcript Request
- Update Your Information
- Contact Us
Mission and Goals
The mission of Lifespan School of Medical Imaging is to work collaboratively with technologists and other healthcare professionals to prepare students with entry level employment skills to meet the needs of the community. The school offers a variety of clinical settings to diversify and enhance student learning and networking in its communities of interest.
Upon completion of this program, the mammography student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Review and record pertinent patient history.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology and positioning to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures of interest on radiograph.
- Perform the appropriate mammographic examination.
- Evaluate images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
- Assist physicians with invasive/surgical procedures.
- Provide quality patient care.