Urgent Care and COVID-19
Lifespan Urgent Care is here for you, ready to treat your common illnesses, sprains, cuts, and more.
Your safety is our top concern.
We know that you want to feel confident that you are entering a safe environment when you come to Lifespan Urgent Care. That’s why we have made some changes in response to COVID-19.
Lifespan Urgent Care has worked closely with Lifespan’s infection prevention and infectious diseases teams so that we can provide the care you need in a space that is as clean as possible, with social distancing measures carefully observed.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever or chills, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of ability to taste or smell, please come see us for an examination. Your care provider will determine if your symptoms require a COVID-19 test.
If you have no symptoms and need to have a COVID test, please visit portal.ri.gov to make an appointment. We are not providing tests for asymptomatic patients.
Our staff are taking a number of measures to keep patient safe:
- By swiping their badges when they arrive for work, staff and clinicians declare that they have no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Our staff members wear masks; some may wear face shields.
- Our staff members clean their hands after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, driver’s licenses, and insurance cards. We urge our patients to do the same.
- Our staff also wipes down the stylus and signature pads after each use.
In our offices we are taking extra measures to sanitize surfaces and encourage social distancing.
- We limit the number of people in our offices at any one time. The number varies depending on the office.
- Some offices have a “one-way traffic” pattern for check-in and check-out.
- Markers on the floor help to maintain a 6-foot distance between patients at the front desk.
- Some work areas are equipped with plexiglass barriers.
- Waiting rooms have been rearranged to ensure at least six feet of space between individuals, and we have removed unnecessary items such as pamphlets, magazines, books, toys, and small furniture.
- We clean and sanitize the restrooms as well as high-touch and common use surfaces such as door handles at least every four hours.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
For Our Patients
Here's what to expect:
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before scheduled appointments.
- All patients are screened again for COVID-19 symptoms when they enter the building.
- If a patient screens positive, we have a plan in place to care for them.
- All patients must wear masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- We strongly encourage that you use eCheck-in on the MyLifespan patient portal before arriving for your appointment. If you are not already using the portal, we encourage you to sign up. Please review this information before visiting »
- We might ask you to call us when you arrive so we can call you for check-in when your provider is ready to see you.
While it is wise to be cautious about the coronavirus, please don’t ignore your symptoms of serious illness. For some conditions, timely treatment is vital. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department for potentially life-threatening conditions.
Urgent Care Video Visits
We are offering video visits for certain issues. Visit LifespanUrgentCare.org to make a video visit appointment.
You can only schedule a video visit if you have one of the following symptoms:
- Back strain
- Cold and/or cough
- Mild asthma
- Flu-Like symptoms
- Minor burns and cuts
- Pink eye
- Poison ivy
- Sinus congestion
- Skin infection
- Sun burn
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) symptoms
Please note, you must be physically present in the state of Rhode Island for the duration of the video visit.