Residency programs at Hasbro Children's Hospital offer a well-balanced combination of critical, inpatient, specialty, primary care and global health opportunities. Residents graduate prepared for primary care and/or specialty careers. Special programs in global health and pediatric advocacy are available.
Postgraduate placement has included every subspecialty program available. More than 85 percent of graduates receive their first choice of fellowship.
Categorical Pediatric Training Program (three years)
- 48 total residents; 16 per year accepted
- Approximately 600 applicants annually
Combined Residency Program: Medical/Pediatric (four years)
- Upon completion of the program, residents are board-eligible in both internal medicine and pediatrics.
- 16 total residents; 4 per year accepted
- 120 applicants in 2011
- Upon completion of the program, residents are board-eligible in pediatrics and adult and child psychiatry.
- 15 total in program; 3 per year accepted
Pediatric Surgery Program (two years)
- Offered in collaboration with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, this program incorporates all of the facets of the discipline to develop skillful, inquisitive pediatric surgeons. For detailed information, visit http://med.brown.edu/pedisurg/index.html.
- Approximately 75 applicants annually; one resident selected every two years through the National Resident Matching Program.