Menopause Consultation Program
Lifestyle Medicine Center
Lifestyle medicine focuses on physical activity, nutrition and stress management. Call 401-793-7817 to learn more about our activity classes and to schedule an appointment.
The Women’s Medicine Collaborative is a unique, multidisciplinary center dedicated to the health needs of women at all stages of life.
All of the center’s clinicians provide exceptional, individualized care to patients, working collaboratively with each other and with referring physicians.
The center offers the following services that you may choose to help in the management of your menopausal symptoms:
- Bone Health Testing: The Women’s Medicine Collaborative is the first and only facility in Rhode Island to be accredited by The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD). All scans are read by a board-certified endocrinologist who is also an ISCD-certified densitometrist.
- Behavioral Health: The Women’s Medicine Collaborative’s program in women’s behavioral medicine offers specialized, personal help for a wide range of behavioral health issues exclusive to women, including mood and anxiety disorders related to the menopausal transition.
- Lifestyle Medicine: Lifestyle medicine is the evidence-based practice of helping women adopt and sustain behaviors that can improve health and quality of life. At the Lifestyle Medicine Center, our focus is on physical activity, nutrition, and stress management.
Resources we offer include:
- Nutrition counseling
- Weight loss programs
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Shared medical appointments (SMAs)