Men's Health Center
What to Expect
Appointments and Referrals
Call us at 401-793-4636 (4MEN) for more information about our services, or to make an appointment, or refer a patient.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Men's Health Center
Note: The Fain Building is a block away from the Main Building at The Miriam Hospital.
Prior to your visit, you and your loved one will complete questionnaires that provide background information regarding sexual and overall health.
You will undergo a physical exam and, when appropriate, a psychological assessment.
- Blood vessel elasticity measurements of cardiac health
- A Doppler ultrasound to measure blood flow to the penis
Following these tests, you will return for a summary of findings and recommendations.
Treatments and Therapies
Treatments and therapies may include:
- Oral medications
- Medications inserted into the urethra
- Medications injected into the shaft of the penis
- Use of a vacuum erection device (VED)
- Therapy with a sexual psychologist
- Referral to a urologist for evaluation for a penile implant, if applicable
A copy of your evaluation will be mailed to both your urologist and primary care clinician.
If you are found to be at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease, we will make recommendations to your urologist or primary care physician to lower this risk, or will refer you to a cardiologist.