- COVID-19 Safety
- Meet Our Team
- Surgical Specialties at the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute
- Technology at the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute
- Patient Care
- Education and Training
- MIUI Video Library
- MIUI In The News
- Contact a Specialist at the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute
- Minimally Invasive Urology Institute Webinars
- Make a Gift
Safe Care for Patients at the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute
We want to assure you that we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
At the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute, your safety is our top priority.
As national leaders and experts in urologic care, we also know that preventative care, completing a treatment plan and routine follow up is associated with the best outcomes for patients. That is why we worked closely with the RI Department of Health, our infection prevention and infectious diseases teams to be able to provide the care you need in a safe environment.
For your safety and that of our staff, we have taken the following steps:
- We are offering telehealth or virtual appointments with our providers, allowing the same standard of care from the safety and comfort of your home.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to appointments.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms again when they enter the hospital. To ensure that all are screened, we are reducing the number of entrances into a facility.
- If a patient screens positive for COVID-19, we have a designated plan in place to triage our patients.
- All patients and caregivers will wear cloth face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- Prior to surgery, all patients will be tested for COVID-19. More about surgical safety »
- We clean and sanitize high-touch and common surfaces at a minimum of every four hours.
- Standard medical masks and hand sanitizer are readily available at all of our locations.
- Our staff will perform hand hygiene after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, licenses, and insurance cards and before and after patient care. We urge our patients to do the same. Our staff will also wipe down the stylus pads and signature pads after each use.
We continue to offer comprehensive and safe urologic care. Nationally ranked. Close to home.
As we all strive to get back to our “normal” lives, we would like to remind you to practice good health, including seeing your provider for prostate cancer screening, notifying your provider if you experience any difficulty urinating, blood in the urine, pain, or unusual symptoms. Prompt medical evaluation can identify cancer early, at its most treatable stage.
In this challenging time, the team at the Minimally Invasive Urology Institute is here to help you. Our doors are open. Our hands are clean. We continue to provide unparalleled, comprehensive urologic care. Don’t settle for less.
To make an appointment please call us at 401-793-5400.