Obstetrics and Gynecology Services
- Our Services
- About Us
- Your Visit
- Ob-Gyn Practitioners
- Helpful Links
- The Importance of Annual GYN Exams
We have on-site laboratories at all our locations to draw bloodwork and process urine tests. This enables our patients to complete their testing while still in our office, and allows us to obtain results the same day if necessary.
We encourage our patients to have regular screening of cholesterol, thyroid function and anemia. Different health screenings are recommended for the individual depending on age and gender.
Recommended Regular Health Screenings
All ages and genders should be screened for:
- Blood pressure: You should have your blood pressure checked every 3 to 5 years. A normal blood pressure reading is more than 90 over 60 and less than 120 over 80.
- Cholesterol: Cholesterol should be checked every 5 years.
- Diabetes: If your blood pressure is over 135/80 mm Hg or you have a body mass index (BMI) over 25, you should be tested for diabetes. After age 35, this should be checked every 3 years.
- Thyroid health: A thyroid check should begin at age 35 and then be repeated every 5 years.
- Anemia: This routine test checks iron levels and determines if there is a deficiency.
- Colorectal health: You should have a colonoscopy every 10 years after age 50.
Regular Health Screenings for Women
Women should be regularly screened for:
- Breast health: Clinical breast exams should be yearly after age 18 and mammograms should happen every 1 to 2 years after age 40.
- Reproductive health: Women who are sexually active and/or over the age of 21 should get a pap test (pap smear) every 1 to 3 years.
Regular Health Screenings for Men
Men should be regularly screened for:
- Reproductive health: For testicular exams, men should preform monthly self-exams and be checked by a doctor at an annual visit.
- Prostate health: Men over 50 years old should have a digital rectal exam every 5 to 10 years with each colorectal screening.
Schedule Screenings: Make an Appointment
If you are interested in establishing care with our practice, please call to make an appointment at one of our many health care practice locations.