Bradley Outpatient Services
Mindful Teen DBT Program
Bradley Hospital offers a six-month outpatient treatment program for adolescents who are 13 to 18 years old (attending grades 8 to 12) and who display signs of suicidality, nonsuicidal self-injury, or other self-destructive behaviors. The Mindful Teen Program offers dialectical behavior therapy for adolescents (DBT-A), an empirically validated treatment designed to help eliminate life-threatening and self-destructive behaviors by developing alternative skills to manage emotions and tolerate distress. This program is staffed entirely by intensively trained DBT clinicians who also participate in an ongoing weekly DBT consultation team.
Benefits of the program
- Helps adolescents effectively manage their emotional experiences and eliminate self-destructive behaviors
- Provides a structured environment for adolescents and caregivers to learn new skills
- Incorporates coaching of new skills outside of the therapy environment
- Weekly multifamily DBT skills group
- Individual and family therapy
- Phone coaching with 24-hour access, available to patients and parents
The Mindful Teen program is offered at:
Bradley Hospital, 1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway, East Providence, RI 02915
For more information please call 401-432-1119.