Bradley Outpatient Services
COAST Clinic services include occupational therapy (OT) and speech-language pathology (SLP).
The Communication, Occupational and Sensory Treatment (COAST) Clinic at Bradley Hospital offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children and adolescents who have difficulty participating in age-appropriate activities due to physical, neurological, cognitive, behavioral, communication or sensory processing challenges. Our occupational therapists and/or speech language pathologists will work with each child and family to create an individualized program to meet the child's specific needs.
The COAST Clinic offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children and adolescents who experience challenges impacting the following areas:
- Completion of self-care activities such as bathing, dressing or tooth brushing
- Participation in daily home activities, including morning and bedtime routines
- Ability to feed self and participate in mealtime routines; safe chewing and swallowing
- Delays in meeting developmental milestones
- Alterations in fine and gross motor development impacting coordination, strength, endurance and body awareness
- Ability to communicate purposefully and intentionally
Some of the diagnoses we treat include:
- Sensory processing disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Intellectual disabilities
- Developmental delays
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Down syndrome
- A functional sensory processing, occupational therapy and/or speech-language evaluation
- Treatment programs designed to enhance functioning in home and community environments
- Duration of treatment based on the functional goals of each individual child
To make a referral or to learn more about our services, please call 401-432-1119.