Pediatric Critical Care Transport Service
LifePACT is Hasbro Children's Hospital's pediatric critical care transport ambulance. Provided by a gift from Hasbro, Inc., this is the first ambulance in the state that was designed especially for children. The ambulance transports critically ill children from other health care facilities to Hasbro Children's Hospital.
The LifePACT ambulance and its team are part of ExpressCare, the hospital's transfer and access center. When a call is placed to request a critical care transport, ExpressCare coordinates the transport, activates and tracks the team, and admits the patients they transport.
Improved response times can lead to better outcomes for patients, as well as increased patient satisfaction, as families will have a reduced wait time.
Referring doctors at other hospitals can contact our transport team at 401-444-3000
Better Care and Added Comfort
The vehicle boasts several special features which aid in providing better care and added comfort for young patients:
- Wireless headsets behind every seat allow team members to hear each other better throughout the entire ambulance.
- Headsets may also be used for patients and parents, so they may talk more easily during the trip.
- A special seat for parents faces a video screen that is linked to a camera focused on the patient. Parents can see their child at all times and talk with them.
- Patients have the option of either watching a movie during transport on a flip-down DVD screen overhead, or listening to music on the CD player or radio that pipes music throughout the ambulance. Often during critical care transports, teens enjoy listening to their favorite artists, while babies respond well to soothing music.
- The ambulance interior has been decorated with nautical themed artwork designed by artists from Hasbro, Inc. The art features classic Hasbro toy brands, such as Mr. Potato Head and My Little Pony, dressed up in scuba gear or taking a swim.