Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services
- Conditions We Treat
- Outpatient Programs
- Inpatient Psychiatry Services
- Gateway's Residential Rehabilitative Services
- Geriatric Behavioral Health Long-Term Care Program
- Mental Health Research at Lifespan
- Education and Training
- Correctional Psychiatry
- Contact Information
- Support Our Services
- In-Home Behavioral Health Services
Outpatient mental health services are provided by a multidisciplinary group of board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical nurse specialists and social workers. Lifespan provides services throughout the region.
In addition to providing outpatient treatment for the full range of psychiatric conditions, several specialty programs are offered:
- Lifespan Outpatient Psychiatry provides patient-centric services in a caring, supportive environment. This program accepts walk-in appointments and is located in Lifespan's Ambulatory Care Centers in East Greenwich and East Providence.
- Newport Psychiatry is a Newport, RI-based Lifespan Physician Group practice that offers a range of mental and behavioral health care in an outpatient setting.
- The Bariatric Surgery Program conducts pre-surgical evaluations to determine appropriateness for bariatric surgery, pre-surgical counseling to help individuals prepare for surgery, and post-surgical counseling to help individuals cope with life changes following the procedure.
- The Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program is connected with The Sleep Disorders Center of Lifespan hospitals. Problems evaluated and treated include insomnias, circadian rhythm disorders, parasomnias and sleep apnea. It is located at 146 West River Street.
- The Consultative Neuropsychiatric Evaluation (CNE)
- The Anxiety Disorders Program provides diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder. It is located at 146 West River Street.
- The MIDAS Project: Rhode Island Methods to Improve Diagnostic Assessment and Services includes research on diagnosis, treatment decision making, and treatment outcome. Patients receive a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, clinical diagnostic evaluation. As part of the MIDAS project,measurement tools have been developed to assist clinicians in monitoring the course of treatment. It is located at 146 West River Street.
- Young Adult Outpatient Psychiatry helps young adults with mental health issues live more productive lives by providing comprehensive and age-appropriate psychiatric services.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is a specialized treatment for those patients suffering from intractable depression, bipolar disorder or schizo-affective disorder.