Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Pulmonary Hypertension Center
- Interstitial Lung Disease Center
- Interventional Pulmonary Program
- Pulmonary Function Laboratory
James R. Klinger, MD
- Investigator and Director of the Rhode Island Hospital Pulmonary Hypertension Center
- Professor of Medicine, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
James R. Klinger, MD is a graduate of the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He performed his residency at the Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and fellowship at Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine in pulmonary and critical care medicine. He is licensed and certified in internal medicine and critical care medicine.
His teaching role includes being a lecturer in pulmonary pathophysiology as well as extensive hospital teaching roles at Rhode Island Hospital for house staff and pulmonary fellows. Klinger's numerous publications can be viewed in Chest, the Journal of Applied Physiology, American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, American Journal of Medicine and many more. His research concerns development of therapies to treat pulmonary hypertension as well as research in the field of blood clotting, which can be one cause of pulmonary hypertension.
Klinger is an active speaker as an expert in the field of pulmonary hypertension.