Pediatric Respiratory and Immunology Center
Hasbro Children's Hospital
The Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Clinic is located in the Respiratory and Immunology Center
Your child's first visit will include a history, physical exam, selected tests (as necessary), and discussion of your child's diagnosis and treatment strategy. This initial appointment could last several hours. A second appointment may be necessary.
Prepare for Your Child's Appointment
It is necessary for you to obtain a referral form from your child's physician before your visit if you are insured by a managed care plan. The referral should specify the type of visit and whether or not any testing or lab work can be done.
What to Bring
- Name, address and phone number of your child's referring and/or primary physician
- Any old records, lab results and x-rays you may have
- All medications and spacer devices currently in use
- Completed new patient packet
- It may be helpful to bring some of your child's favorite toys or books
Your child may have allergy skin testing during his/her appointment. The results of this testing can be affected by medications that contain antihistamines.
- If you child takes Allegra, Atarax or Zyrtec, do not give it for 7 to 10 days before the visit.
- Benadryl and Claritin should be stopped at least 3 days before the visit.
- Antihistamines are also found in many non-prescription cold or allergy medicines; these should also be stopped at least three days before the challenge.
- Please review the complete list of medications to avoid and do not give these medications to your child for the length of time indicated
A parent or legal guardian should accompany the child in order to provide an accurate history, consent and support. A letter of authorization must be brought to the appointment if someone other than a parent or legal guardian will accompany the child.
Please feel free to call our office at 401-444-6540 before your child's appointment if you have any questions.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please provide at least 24-hours notice. We will notify you if we need to reschedule your appointment due to an office emergency.