- COVID-19 Safety
- Total Joint Center at The Miriam Hospital
- Total Joint Replacement at Newport Hospital
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- Surgical Specialties
- Patient Care
- Advances in Total Joint Replacement
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Stories
- Arthritis and Exercise
- Research and Publications
- Total Joint Replacement Education and Training
- When Is it Time to Consider Joint Replacement?
- Rapid Discharge Joint Replacement
The total joint replacement discharge class offers you a thorough review, including visual aids, of how to care for yourself once home after a joint replacement, what is a normal part of the healing process, and what is worth a call to the Total Joint Center team. The class runs Tuesday to Friday at 12pm, and is led by an orthopedic certified registered nurse.
You will leave feeling more prepared for your discharge home, as you will have visual references above and beyond a written description of how you can manage common post operative concerns at home and also pictures of what may be concerning. We strongly recommended that all patients who have total joint replacement surgery plan on attending this informative class.