Women’s Health and Rehabilitation
Conditions We Treat
Over her lifetime a woman’s body undergoes many changes, some of which may cause pain, discomfort or inconvenience. At Lifespan our physical therapy and rehabilitation services help a wide variety of conditions that women experience.
Our experienced staff of licensed physical therapists are all women who have received specialized training in obstetric and gynecologic physical therapy, as well as oncology rehabilitation.
Evaluations and treatments are provided in a professional and confidential manner.
- A complete musculoskeletal examination
- A comprehensive plan of care
- Patient-centered functional goals
- Preventive health care
Additional Specialized Programs
- Pelvic floor therapy is a unique area of physical rehabilitation that is critical for the restoration of functional voiding, elimination, and sexual health. Our team also provides therapy to patients served by the Program for Pelvic Floor Disorders at the Women's Medicine Collaborative. Learn more »
- The Breast Rehabilitation Program at Rhode Island Hospital is an inpatient and outpatient program designed for those who have undergone breast surgery. The goal is to restore previous activity and function through various techniques: exercise, scar management and control of swelling. To learn more please call us at 401-444-4301.
Talk to your doctor about problems you are experiencing and how they affect your life. If you think physical therapy can help, ask your doctor for a referral to a women’s health physical therapist.
Our women's rehabilitation services are available at three easily accessible locations. Contact the one most convenient for you.