Safe Care at the Women's Medicine Collaborative
COVID-19 Preparedness and Response
Due to the rapidly changing coronavirus COVID-19 situation, please review this information before visiting any Lifespan facility or outpatient practice for an appointment or procedure.
We recognize that this is a time of many questions and concerns. Our Women’s Medicine care team is here to support you. Anyone experiencing a fever, respiratory symptoms, GI symptoms, or a change in ability to taste or smell should NOT come unannounced to a doctor’s office. We ask that you contact us first.
For your safety and the safety of others, all patients will be asked screening questions prior to any visit and when you enter any Lifespan facility. Thank you for answering these questions accurately so we can ensure that you receive care at the appropriate time and setting. All patients are required to wear a face mask at all times during their visit and we ask that you use hand sanitizer prior to checking-in.
We are following the most up-to-date safety and infection control recommendations set forth by the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We are asking our patients not to postpone their medical care. We continue to offer telemedicine video visits. These visits are private and secure. Please contact us to ask if a telemedicine appointment is appropriate for your clinical needs.
If you have questions regarding COVID-19 or about an appointment, please do not hesitate to call the office 401-793-5700.
Your safety is our top concern.
We know that you want to feel confident that you are entering a safe environment when you come to the Women's Medicine Collaborative for care. That’s why we have made some changes in response to COVID-19.
The Women's Medicine Collaborative has worked closely with Lifespan’s infection prevention and infectious diseases teams so that we can provide the care you need in a space that is as clean as possible, with social distancing measures carefully observed.
Our staff are taking a number of measures to keep patient safe:
- By swiping their badges when they arrive for work, staff and clinicians declare that they have no symptoms of COVID-19.
- Our staff members wear masks; some may wear face shields.
- Our staff members clean their hands after handling paperwork, cash, credit cards, driver’s licenses, and insurance cards. We urge our patients to do the same.
- Our staff also wipes down the stylus and signature pads after each use.
In our offices we are taking extra measures to sanitize surfaces and encourage social distancing.
- We limit the number of people in our offices at any one time. The number varies depending on the office.
- Some offices have a “one-way traffic” pattern for check-in and check-out.
- Markers on the floor help to maintain a 6-foot distance between patients at the front desk.
- Some work areas are equipped with plexiglass barriers.
- Waiting rooms have been rearranged to ensure at least six feet of space between individuals, and we have removed unnecessary items such as pamphlets, magazines, books, toys, and small furniture.
- We clean and sanitize the restrooms as well as high-touch and common use surfaces such as door handles at least every four hours.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
When you have an appointment scheduled at a Women's Medicine Collaborative office, here's what to expect:
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before appointments.
- All patients are screened again for COVID-19 symptoms when they enter the building.
- If a patient screens positive, we have a plan in place to care for them.
- All patients must wear masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- We strongly encourage that you use eCheck-in on the MyLifespan patient portal before arriving for your appointment. If you are not already using the portal, we encourage you to sign up.
- We might ask you to call us when you arrive so we can call you for check-in when your provider is ready to see you.
If you have an appointment scheduled, please review this information before coming to visit us.