Citizens Energy Corporation
Citizens Energy Corp. helps to make life's basic needs more accessible and affordable, such as:
- Oil Heat Program
The Oil Heat Program offers discount home heating oil to needy and elderly households in New England.
- Citizens Health
The Citizens Health Program assists people with the rising costs of health care and prescription drugs. The program also offers discounts on health care and prescription drugs.
- Distrigas Program
Distrigas Heat Assistance Program is created for people in Massachusetts who are unable to pay their natural gas heating bills.
- Shelter Winter Assistance Program
The Shelter Winter Assistance Program provides heat to thousands of homeless men, women and children in about 160 Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
formerly Travelers Aid, Crossroads RI offers immediate and long-term needs for people in desperate situations. The following programs they offer are:
- Crisis Intervention offers case management, counseling, respite services and referral services.
- Housing offers emergency, transitional and permanent housing resources for a variety people and situations.
- Vocational services offers training resources to help you with employment opportunities.
- United Way of Southeastern New England
United Way offers assistance with a variety of community resources, such as improving children's opportunities, helping people in crisis and helping adults find and retain jobs.
- Services for children and families
DHS provides a variety of important services to children and children with disabilities, such as welfare, food stamps, medical care, child care and more.
- Services for adults
DHS provides a number of services and programs for adults, and adults with disabilities, such as medical assistance, long term care, assisted living and more.
- Services for the elderly
The Division of Elderly Affairs has a large number of programs for the elderly in Rhode Island including, medical assistance, long-term care, assisted living, food stamps and more.