Find a Doctor
Jennifer Wolff, PhD is an assistant professor (research) at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, a staff psychologist at Rhode Island Hospital and the director of the Adolescent Mood Clinic. She did her undergraduate work at Gordon College in Massachusetts; received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology in 2008 from Virginia Tech; and completed her residency and postdoctoral training through the Brown University Psychology Training Consortium.
Wolff's research focuses on developing evidence-based mental health interventions for children and adolescents with deficits in emotion regulation. She is currently developing a family-based program for children and adolescents with mood and behavior problems.
Areas of Expertise
- Wolff, J.C. & Ollendick, T.H. (2006). The comorbidity of conduct problems and depression in childhood and adolescence. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 9, 201-220. doi:10.1007/s10567-006-0011-3
- Jarrett, M. A., Wolff, J. C., & Ollendick, T. H. (2007). Concurrent validity and informant agreement of the ADHD module of the Anxiety Disorders Interview Schedule for DSM-IV. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 29(3), 159-168. doi:10.1007/s10862-006-9041-x
- Ollendick, T. H., Jarrett, M. A., Grills-Taquechel, A. E., Hovey, L. D., & Wolff, J. C. (2008). Comorbidity as a predictor and moderator of treatment outcome in youth with anxiety, affective, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and oppositional/conduct disorders. Clinical Psychology Review, 28(8), 1447-1471. doi:10.1016/j.cpr.2008.09.003
- Wolff, J.C., Greene, R.W., Ollendick, T.H. (2008). Differential responses of children with varying degrees of reactive and proactive aggression to two forms of psychosocial treatment. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 30, 37-50. doi:10.1300/J019v30n01_03
- Ollendick, T.H., Jarrett, M.A., Wolff, J.C., & Scarpa, A. (2009). Reactive and proactive aggression: Cross-informant agreement and incremental validity. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 31 (1), 51-59. doi:10.1007/s10862-008-9087-z
- Spirito, T., Esposito-Smythers, C., Wolff, J., & Uhl, K. (2011). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for adolescent depression and suicidality. Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 20 (2), 191-204.
- Wolff, J.C., & Ollendick, T.H. (In Press.) Treatment of conduct problems and depression in youth: A pilot study.Child and Family Behavior Therapy.
- Esposito-Smythers, C., Wolff, J., Bodzy, M., Swenson, R, & Spirito, A. (In Press). Military Youth and the Deployment Cycle: Emotional Health Consequences and Recommendations for Intervention. Journal of Family Psychology.