Workforce S.T.A.T. (Solutions, Training and Teamwork) Program
- Help With Applying Online
- All Lifespan Hospital Campuses Are Tobacco-Free
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
- Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Lifespan Youth
The Workforce S.T.A.T. program is designed, in partnership with Homefront Health Care, to meet the needs of the health care industry by transitioning – in an accelerated manner – a group of unemployed or underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into a prepared, focused, well-qualified Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) workforce.
Upon completion of this 16 to 18-week program, participants earn their Rhode Island CNA licenses, BLS certifications and work readiness credentials. Program graduates will be considered for employment upon successful completion.
The spring session will take 16 to 18 weeks to complete.
The unpaid internship will be offered at Rhode Island Hospital and Newport Hospital.
(Application deadline: 5 p.m. Monday, March 20, 2017)
March 27 to May 18, 2017
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
May 22 to June 30, 2017
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Workforce S.T.A.T. Program participants are provided with:
- A free eight-week CNA course offered by Homefront Health Care leading to state-administered exam and licensure
- Followed by an unpaid six-week internship at Lifespan consisting of 190 hours of advanced CNA training and structured work-readiness workshops
- Practical work experience and networking opportunities to prepare for a successful future
- Mentorship under professional career experts
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be underemployed/unemployed Rhode Island resident
- Be able to pass a BCI (criminal background check)
- Read at a seventh grade level, and have earned either a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Possess a willingness to learn along with the ability to attend all classes, internship hours and workshops
- Be interested in pursuing a career in health care
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017-2018 Workforce S.T.A.T. (Solutions, Training and Teamwork) Program are now being accepted. Applications must be filled out and submitted online. (see below)
1. Fill out the employment application online and submit it on or before deadline.
2. Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria listed above will be considered for an interview.
3. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive a call from a Lifespan human resources representative.
4. If you are not selected for an interview, you will be notified by email.
5. Expect to hear back from us by Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Galimah Baysah at 401-444-8965 or email gbaysah@Lifespan.org.
Apply online here: