Maria L. Buckley, PhD, is a psychologist at Lifespan Physician Group and a clinical associate professor in the department of psychiatry and human behavior at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Dr. Buckley provides individual and group behavioral treatment within cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and leads psychoeducational groups in The Miriam Hospital’s Weight Management Program. Dr. Buckley is a clinical supervisor within Brown University’s Clinical Psychology Internship Training Program and a fellow of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Please visit http://research.brown.edu/myresearch/Maria_Buckley for a full list of Dr. Buckley's recent publications.
- Busch, A. M., Scott-Sheldon, L. A., Pierce, J., Chattillion, E., Cunningham, K., Buckley, M. L. (2014). Depression Predicts Pulmonary Rehabilitation Completion among Women, but not Men. Respiratory Medicine, 108, 1007-1013.
- Busch, A. M., Leavens, E. L., Wagener, T. L., Buckley, M. L., Tooley, E. M. (2016). Prevalence, Reasons for Use, and Risk Perception of Electronic Cigarettes among Post-Acute Coronary Syndrome Smokers. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev, 36, 352-7.
- Pack, Q.R., Bauldoff, G., Lichtman, S.W., Buckley, M., Eichenauer, K., Gavic, A., Garvey, C., King, M..L. (2018). Prioritization, development, and validation of American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation performance measures. Journal Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev, 38: 208-214.
- Blackstock, F.C.,Lareau, S.C., Nici, L., ZuWallack, R., Bourbeau, G., Buckley, M. Durning, S., Effing, T.W., Egbert, E., Goldstein, R.S., Kelly, W., Lee, A., Meek, P. M., Singh, S. (2018). Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Education in Pulmonary Rehabilitation. An Official American Thoracic Society/Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand/Canadian Thoracic Society/British Thoracic Society Workshop Report. Annals of the American Thoracic Society, 15, 769-784.
- Gathright, E.C., Busch, A.M, Buckley, M.L., Stabile, L., DeAngelis, J., Whited, M.C., & Wu, W. (In press). Improvements in depressive symptoms and affect during cardiac rehab: Predictors and potential mechanisms. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev.
- Buckley, M., Eichenauer, K. (2018, in press). Ch. 5 Psychosocial Assessment and Intervention. Guidelines for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs, 5th ed. American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, Inc.