Hasbro Children’s Hospital announces its ‘Brite Lites’
Hasbro Children’s Hospital on Feb. 14 named its 2017 winners of the annual Brite Lites awards. The honorees were among 41 employees nominated by patients and families for demonstrating outstanding care and compassion.
The winners are:
- Michelle Bentley, BSN, RN, of North Kingstown, a nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Lori Booker-Jorge, RN, of Blackstone, Massachusetts, a nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Carissa Devlin, PA, of Providence, a pediatric emergency medicine physician assistant in the emergency department
- Katie Greco, BSN, RN, CPN, of Seekonk, Massachusetts, a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit nurse
- Donna Marasigan, BSN, RN, CCRN, CPN, of Cranston, a nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
The Brite Lites program, now in its 15th year, recognizes employees who best exemplify the hospital’s “four Cs”: caring, communication, cooperation and competence.
“At Hasbro Children’s Hospital, our mission is to provide the very best in compassionate patient- and family-centered care,” said Margaret Van Bree, MHA, DrPH, president of Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children’s Hospital. “It’s not at all unusual for a member of our staff to make a patient or family member feel special – letting them know they are heard, cared for and supported. Our five Brite Lites for 2017 do just that.”