Hasbro Children’s Hospital Recognizes Brite Lites Award Winners
Hasbro Children’s Hospital named this year’s winners of the annual Brite Lites awards. The honorees were among many employees nominated by patients and families for demonstrating outstanding care and compassion.
The winners are:
- Erica Chung, MD of East Greenwich, a pediatric hospitalist
- Anthony Fusco, CRT of Pawtucket, a respiratory therapist
- Julia Jacavone, BSN, RN of North Providence, pediatric float novice nurse
- Christine Pham, MD of Providence, a pediatric resident
- Jodi Russell, BSN, RN of Tiverton, a pediatric transport nurse
The Brite Lites program, now in its 14 year, recognizes those employees who best exemplify the hospital’s ‘four Cs’ – caring, communication, cooperation and competence.
“Our goal is to make every child in our care feel as if he or she is our only patient,” said Phyllis Dennery, M.D., pediatrician-in-chief of Hasbro Children’s Hospital. “We do our best to ensure that patients and their families feel comforted and cared for while with us. Anything that can make the difference in the life of a child is a worthwhile endeavor for our staff. The individuals honored this year exemplify this vision.”