- Animal Research
- Biohazards and Lab Safety
- Clinical Trial Billing
- Conflict of Interest
- Core Research Services
- Grants and Funding
- Intellectual Property
- Links to Research Programs
- News + Events
- Quick Links
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Protection Office
- Research Administration Training
The Animal Welfare Committee (IACUC) is a committee made up of scientists and community members who ensure that research involving animal subjects is well planned and ethical.
IMPORTANT: If you are a principal investigator planning to use live, vertebrate animals for research, research training, or biological testing, you must adhere to requirements in the Public Health Service (PHS) Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and the Animal Welfare Act and Regulations. IACUC review and approval is required before any project using animals is initiated.
Animal Welfare Committee
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Assurance number A3922-01, Assurance date 4/10/2018, expires 4/30/2022
AAALAC Accredited file number 205, accreditation date June 2017
USDA Registration 15-R-0002.
- Chairperson: Douglas Moore, MS, 401-444-8904
- Vice Chairperson: Yi-Tang Don Tseng, 401-274-1122, ext. 48006
- Attending Veterinarian: Tiffany Borjeson, DVM, 401-444-6842
- Manager: Jacqueline Poore, 401-444-5843
- Coordinator: Kate Brilliant, 401-444-2093
- Director, Central Research Facilities: Paula Bains-Vallee, 401-444-5788
Send all correspondence to Coro West, 1 Hoppin Street, Suite 1.300, Providence, Ri, 02903.
Lifespan researchers, please refer to our intranet site for further information. (Lifespan log-in is required.)