Core Research Laboratories
- Animal Research
- Biohazards and Lab Safety
- Clinical Trial Billing
- Conflict of Interest
- Core Research Services
- Grants and Funding
- Intellectual Property
- Links to Research Programs
- News + Events
- Quick Links
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Annual Research Celebration
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Protection Office
- Research Administration Training
How to Find Us
The Core Research Laboratories are located:
Who We Are and What We Do
Core Research Laboratories is a network of centralized facilities located at Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island. We offer a broad spectrum of technical services to the research community on a fee-for-service basis.
Digital Imaging and Analysis
The digital imaging and analysis lab at Rhode Island Hospital offers full service confocal acquisitions, image processing, digital imaging and quantitative image analysis. Microscopes and high-resolution camera are available for self-service imaging after training.
Available Equipment and Software
The Nikon C1si spectral (full-service confocal) features:
- Four diode lasers: 402, 488, 561, 638
- Spectral capabilities for multiple stained specimens ranging from 400 nm to 700 nm
- Environmental chamber for live cell imaging
- Timed events
- Time-lapse movies
- Colocalization analysis
- Volume measurments
- Deconvolution software
- 3D software
- Post-acquisition analysis and image processing for publication quality images
Other available microscopes and software (full- or self-service) include:
- Nikon TE200, inverted; brightfield, phase, fluorescence and DIC modes
- Nikon E800, upright; brightfield, fluorescence, DIC
- Spot RT3 high-resolution camera
- National Insitute of Health (NIH) ImageJ
- Adobe Photoshop
For more information, contact Ginny Hovanesian by phone at 401-444-4793, or email at email@example.com.
Electron microscope-related services are now being offered through University of Massachusetts Medical center www.umassmed.edu/cemf/
For more information contact Gregory Hendricks, MD, at 508-856-2602 or email at Gregory.Hendricks@umassmed.edu.
The histology laboratory provides histological and cytological services:
- Sectioning: frozen, paraffin, methacrylate, et. al.
- Staining: conventional, immunological, et.al.
- Cytological procedures: cytospins, cell pellets, cell cultures, smears, et. al
The following techniques are available:
- Lectin histochemistry
- Enzyme histochemistry
Techniques can be customized to meet specific requirements.
For more information, contact Loli Noble at 401-444-3815 or 401-444-3816; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.