Electronic Research Administration
- Animal Research
- Biohazards and Lab Safety
- Clinical Trial Billing
- Conflict of Interest
- Core Research Services
- Grants and Funding
- Allowable and Unallowable Direct Costs for Federal Grants
- American Recovery Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Electronic Research Administration
- Funding Opportunities
- General Forms
- Post Award Transactions
- Professional Service Agreements
- Recent Awards
- Standardized Information for Grant Applications
- Workers' Compensation Laws Regarding Temporary Help/Contract Workers
- Intellectual Property
- Links to Research Programs
- News + Events
- Quick Links
- Recombinant DNA
- Annual Research Celebration
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Protection Office
- Research Administration Training
Stay tuned for a series of eRA Virtual School demonstrations.
Electronic Research Administration Resources
- NEW NIH Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR)
Are your publications compliant with your My NCBI account & PubMed Central up to date?
NIH will delay processing non-competing awards if not compliant with the NIH Public Access Policy.
NOTE: Researcher's need to round effort percentages to the whole number on application budgets.
Until a systematic electronic proposal process is implemented, the required Lifespan Business Proposal forms must be routed through normal review processes to the Office of Research Administration (ORA). Principal Investigators are not authorized to submit proposals without receiving prior approval from authorizing officials in ORA.
In order to ensure sufficient review, ORA requires the business forms and the electronic application ten (10) business days prior to the sponsor's deadline. Once the proposal has been authorized by ORA for submission to the sponsor, the department contact or PI will receive notification by ORA. As as reminder, please contact your Research Administrator (RA) to advise them of the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) as soon as possible.
Submit your electronic proposal to the ORA upload site »
(requires Lifespan log-in)
For additional information regarding the submission process, visit the Grants and Funding section.
Instructions for eSNAP submission
Here is the link to eRA Commons to submit your eSNAP Progress Report
Note: You need to submit to ORA Grants and Contracts the Business Proposal form Continuation Application
Grants.gov is a federal portal that allows users to electronically find, apply, and manage grant opportunities.
- Lifespan Business Proposal Form is required with all submissions to ORA Grants and Contracts.
- Apply for grants at Grants.gov?
- NIH Due Dates & Submission Policies
- Adobe Software Version Compatibility
- Grants.gov Applicant Resources
- NIH Modular Research Grant Applications
- NIH Usage of Person Months FAQ and Excel Conversion Table for Person Months
National Institute of Health (NIH) eRA Commons
- Lifespan Continuation Business Proposal Form is required with all Continuation/Progress Reports to ORA Grants and Contracts.
- eRA Commons log on
- eRA and Applying Electronically websites provide how-to’s, updated FAQs, tips, presentations, and news for pre- and post-award processes.
- User Guides for eRA Commons includes Electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award Process eSNAP and Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR).
- RPPR Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) website
- eSNAP Electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award Process website
· NIH requires PD/PIs to use their Commons-linked My NCBI account to track compliance for their publications, and to ensure all publications arising from their awards are posted to PubMed Central in accordance with the policyhttp://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-13-020.html.
- Sign up for the NIH listserv subscription updates to NIH's Electronic Application Submission Program.
- Xtrain Lifespan Reference Guide
- eRA Training demonstrations on eRA Commons, Internet Assisted Review (IAR), xTRAIN, ASSIST (submission of Multi-Project Applications)
Federal e-Submission Links
Department of Defense (DoD)
Breast & Prostate Cancer Programs
Dept of Education (DoED)
DoEd Apply for a Grant
Dept of Energy (DoE)
Energy.gov Funding Opportunities
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Attention FastLane Users: As part of the transition of project reports to Research.gov, you must stop submitting project reports in FastLane starting February 1, 2013.
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) grants management system that provides easy access to research-related information and grants management services in one location. Research.gov is the modernization of FastLane, providing the next generation of grants management capabilities for the research community.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NIH federal portal that allows users to electronically find, apply, and manage grant opportunities.
NIH eRA Commons
Non-Federal e-Submission Links
American Heart Association
American Cancer Society
A Web-based grant management solution for grant-making organizations - government, non-profit and private - to simplify and streamline their operations by receiving and reviewing grant applications online. Click on the above link the view the current agencies using this system for electronic proposals
Robert Wood Johnson